Full Job Description
FINANCE & OPERATIONS DIRECTORATE: FACILITIES MANAGEMENT DIVISION
(CAPE TOWN OFFICE)
The South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC) strives to improve the nation’s health and
quality of life by funding and conducting relevant and leading health research. It further aims to promote equity, career development and progression. The organisation prides itself on three core values: being pioneering, striving for excellence and working collaboratively.
Permanent (1 post)
The Facilities Management Division is seeking to appoint Facilities Cleaner in the Cape Town.
- 1) Cleaning of offices/labs, common areas (ablution facilities and kitchen) and meeting rooms:
- Cleaning of office/labs, common areas and meeting room in the morning before staff enters their office space
- 2) Tea supplies, arrangements and cleaning material:
- Check stock of tea, coffee, sugar and milk in kitchens
- Refreshment arrangement during meetings
- Request replenishment of supplies
- 3) Up keep of cleaning equipment:
- Maintenance of cleaning equipment
- Grade 8 or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years office cleaning experience
- Interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate (read and write)
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment
Terms & Conditions: The SAMRC retains the right not to make an appointment. In accordance with the SAMRC’s Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups. For this reason, we require race, gender and disability status to be specified. Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. By submitting your application, SAMRC concludes that you are a competent person to consent and that you are giving consent to the SAMRC to process and further process all personal information contained in the application in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act, Act No 4 of 2013 (as amended). Applicants are advised that the SAMRC has adopted a Workplace Policy on Covid-19 Vaccinations as part of its conditions of employment. The SAMRC does its best to provide the most accurate information; however, if there is anything wrong and unclear applicants are encouraged to contact the HR Recruitment Office at 021-938 0648 before the closing date.
A salary in the region of R84 862 per annum, cost-to-company
Closing date: 18 May 2022
PLEASE QUOTE THE REFERENCE NUMBER (R511A) IN ALL COMMUNICATIONS. PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT YOUR SUBMISSION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED SHOULD YOUR APPLICATION NOT BE ACCOMPANIED BY THE REQUIRED INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTATION.
This website is optimised for secure, standards compliant web browsers. In order to view and use this website, you should use a web browser other than Internet Explorer.
Options include: The latest version of “Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Opera and Safari”