- Provide protection of life and the environment by responding to fire and emergency situations, conduct fire prevention duties, up keeping and servicing of fire equipment.
1.Maintain Operational Readiness
2.Perform all specialized procedures in dealing with emergency other incidents Adhere to Governance and Risk Management in terms of legislations, policies and procedures.
4.Adhere to governance and financial processes in terms of legislations, policies and procedures
5.Caring for other person’s live and/or assets without favour and/prejudice
6.Continuous assessment of own performance, professional interaction and ethical dealings with stakeholder/clients and co-workers.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Grade 12 (with Mathematics and Physical Science).
- Fire Fighter 1 (SAQA/IFSAC – International Fire Safety Accreditation Congress) accredited.
- Hazmat Awareness (SAQA/IFSAC) accredited.
- Fire Fighter 2 (SAQA/IFSAC) accredited.
- Hazmat Operational (SAQA/IFSAC) accredited.
- First Aid (level 3) or Basic Ambulance Assistants Certificate.
- Be in possession of a valid driver licence (minimum C1) with PrDP and in a position
- Work Experience
- Fire Brigade Services Act 99 of 1987
- SANS 10090 – Protection of Community of against Fire.
- SANS 10400 – The application of the National Building Regulations
- SANS 10087 – The handling, storage, distribution and maintenance of liquefied petroleum gas in domestic, commercial, and industrial installations.
- Communication skills.
- Health and Safety skills.
- Mechanical/Technical exposure skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Technical Evaluation skills.
- Effective communication.
- Emergency care.
- Decision making skills.
- Analytical skill.
- Team work.
- Problem Solving Techniques.
- Safety Orientated.
- Attention to detail.
- Safety consciousness
- Risk consciousness
- Results oriented
- Sense of urgency
- Trustworthy and honest
- Open minded
How to apply
Applicants that are interested must submit (Completed Curriculum Vitae and required documents ) to the details below:
E-mail : TFRAPPLICATIONS5@TRANSNET.NET
Fax : 0865784202
Alternatively : Apply here online
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.